Yoko Ono’s ‘Walking on Thin Ice’ seemed a fitting metaphor with which to open this mix. The precariousness of the Madonna/Magdalene binary, is fun to play with.
The mix goes from naïvety to controversy. Madonna’s visitant ‘Vogue’ is sandwiched between her edgier contemporaries. The chaste songs are ragers and the most provocative tracks are slow, deep, burns; new-wavers Lizzy Mercier Descloux and Lydia Lunch serving us hard-boiled sultriness. Caoimhe Lavelle, Resident DJ.
Main photo, Laelia Milleri.
- Walking on Thin Ice – Yoko Ono
- Tubular Bells & Pretty Boys and Pretty Girls Remix – Book of Love
- Uh Uh No No Casual Sex – Carrie McDowell
- Hard-Boiled Babe – Lizzy Mercier Descloux
- Vogue – Madonna
- What’s A Girl To Do? – Cristina
- Electric Marilyn – Robert Goerl
- Sway – Lysia Lunch
- Me and Madonna – Blackstrobe
- Spiritual Guidance – Titan